This is a special GROUP BUY Option for a Fully Programmed BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio in Black
- Fully Programmed with FRS, MURS, GRMS, NOAA, & KOH Race Channels
- Group Buy Option Expires Feb 28, 2018
BaoFeng UV-5R Radio Background
BaoFeng Introduced the UV-5R Dual Band, Dual Display radio in 2012. Since its introduction the UV-5R has seen a massive success. The UV-5R has seen 2 major changes since its launch with the second generation being signified by BFB297 Firmware (2nd Gen.) in early 2013 and the N5R firmware tweak in August of 2014.
There are several cosmetic variants of the UV-5R. These variants have no differences from the UV-5R besides their cosmetic design along with the possible removal of the ‘Band Key’ (no longer required in Gen. 2).
Variations include the: UV-5R v2+, UV-5RA, UV-5RE, UV-5R+ (Plus), along with several other lesser produced variants. Some of these variations may also no longer work with case specific accessories such as the original UV-5R batteries.
Late in 2013, the UV-5R also included a new variant generation with the inverted (privacy) display series; with the introduction of the BF-F8+ and its own cosmetic variants (such as the GT-3 and 997-S).
Finally, in the fall of 2014, the UV-5R saw the introduction to its successor the 3rd. Generation BF-F8HP.
Features – Original 2012 Product Launch (1st Gen.)
- High / Low Power Settings (4W/1W) Programmable Amateur Radio
- Frequency Range: 65-108 MHz (Only commercial FM radio reception) VHF: 136-174 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 400-520 MHz(Rx/Tx)
- Customize Channel Names, the Boot Display and More by Using the PC03 FTDI Programming Cable
- 1500mAh Battery (1800mAh Label); Broadband (Wide) 25khz / Narrowband (Narrow) 12.5khz Selectable
- AUTO Keypad Lock, Dual Band, Dual Display and Dual Standby
The BaoFeng UV-5R is a compact hand held transceiver providing 4 watts in the frequency range of 136-174 MHz and 400-480MHz (520MHz later versions). It is a compact, economical HT that includes a special VHF receive band from 65 – 108 MHz which includes the regular FM broadcast band. Dual watch and dual reception is supported. You get up to 128 memories. Other features include: selectable wide/narrow, battery save function, VOX, DCS/CTCSS encode, key lock and built in flashlight. Selectable frequency steps include: 2.5, 5, 6.25, 10, 12.5 and 25 kHz. RF power may be selected at 4 or 1 watts. This radio comes with an SMA-Female antenna, flexible antenna, BL-5 Li-ion battery (7.4V 1500 mAh (1800mAh label)), belt clip, wrist strap, AC adapter (8.4V 600ma) and drop-in charging tray. This radio requires the PC03 FTDI programming cable.
Features – Updated Late 2013 ProducT Launch (2ND Gen.)
Radio Frequency IC:
- Upgraded SQ to enhance the anti-interference ability
- RDA1846S adds an new tail tone elimination function, when transmitting and receiving signal between 50Hz with 55Hz
- Improves the receiver AGV switching noise when signal strength changes severe
Frequency-Modulated Receiver Chip:
- The RDA5802N has a powerful low-IF digital audio processor, which makes it have the most optimum sound quality with varying reception conditions
Power Amplifier IC :
- Low crossover distortion
- Low quiescent circuit current
N5R Firmware (August 2014)
- Hold ‘0’ – Display Voltage
- Removes Cloning Capabilities (Due to Several Firmware Edits)
VERSATILE RADIO FOR AMATEUR USEThe BaoFeng UV-5R is legal for use on amateur frequencies. The UV-5R is able to Transmit on Narrowband (12.5kHz) and Wideband (25kHz).
Dual Watch Receiver The BaoFeng UV-5R has one built-in receiver but can “watch” two channels (semi duplex). Monitor two different frequencies (even on different bands (VHF/UHF)) and the radio will monitor both frequencies giving priority to the first station to receive an incoming call.
FM Broadcast StationYou can listen to the FM Broadcast radio, while still monitoring your radio frequencies in the background. Any incoming call will be given priority insuring you never miss an important call while listening to the radio.
Group Tones supportedThe BaoFeng UV-5R supports the most common Analog Tones. It supports CTCSS, DCS, and DTMF calling methods. Set-up your calling methods to call by group tones. Tone calling (private line) is required by most repeater applications and the UV-5R supports the latest standards
The BaoFeng UV-5R can even send DTMF tones. This allows for sending ANI (Caller ID) or remote commands that require DTMF tones
Alias Models – Cosmetically Different onlyUV-5R5
Customize Your Operation with channels, Programmable Buttons, and more!You can program your BaoFeng UV-5R exactly how you want it. There are 128 programmable memory channels. You can add or remove channels from scanning list using the free computer software. You can give channels alphanumeric names, using a computer. The radio has 2 power levels (5 watt maximum), allowing you to choose how far you can communicate. You can set VFO limits using the CHIRP software. You can easily program from a PC to set-up the radio to operate exactly as needed.